Skip to content

Executive Director

Posted: 03/17/2024

Executive Director - Santa Rosa Island Authority
Pensacola Beach, Florida
Pensacola Beach Boardwalk
1 Via De Luna Dr, Pensacola Beach FL 32561
Located in the Florida panhandle on Pensacola Beach, the Santa Rosa Island Authority (the “Authority” or “SRIA”) is a dependent special district of Escambia County, created by the Florida legislature for the purpose of overseeing commercial and residential development and being the governing body of Pensacola Beach. Although Pensacola Beach is part of Escambia County, it lies immediately south of the City of Gulf Breeze, Florida, which is part of Santa Rosa County. The SRIA governs the area known as Pensacola Beach which is a barrier island bordered on the north by the Pensacola Bay and Santa Rosa Sound, the south by the Gulf of Mexico, and to the east and west by the Gulf Islands National Seashore. Pensacola Beach encompasses approximately 1,474 acres on an eight mile stretch of Santa Rosa Island, accounting for nearly 30% of Escambia County. The jurisdiction of the Authority is approximately eight miles long. Currently, 60% of Pensacola Beach is public use or public service land with the remaining 40% leased for residential and commercial use. The Authority has a current cap of 4,128 residential units and approximately 60 commercial leases which represent roughly 80% of the Authority’s lease revenues.

The Executive Director reports to the SRIA Board and serves as the administrative head of the Authority, providing direction and general management for the administration and operation of the Authority’s affairs and oversees Departmental operations. The position is expected to exercise considerable independent professional expertise and judgment in solving problems through the application of SRIA financial & administrative policies and practices.
The Santa Rosa Island Authority seeks an ethical, decisive, strategic, transparent, and values-driven servant leader possessing excellent communication and emotional intelligence skills to help understand and interpret differing viewpoints, coupled with the ability to build consensus to achieve operational and policy goals as its next Executive Director.

The Executive Director position requires the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public or business administration, planning, marketing, public relations, or related field at least four-years’ experience in management and operations of a public or private organization to include at least two years of administrative/supervisory experience. Candidates with city or county management, economic development, planning, and/or special district administration experience are encouraged to apply.

The ideal candidate will have experience working with a policy board, have firsthand knowledge of the functional areas listed above and the financial vision, skill, and ability to successfully manage a non-tax-supported public agency. Certification as a Floodplain Manager is considered a plus.

The SRIA offers a competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience. Residency on Pensacola Beach is not required, but the Executive Director should ideally live within the Escambia or Santa Rosa Counties area.

Please apply online

For more information on this position contact:
Doug Thomas, Executive Vice President of Recruitment & Leadership Development

Doug Thomas - Executive Vice President of Recruitment & Leadership Development