The Operations Director is a proactive and talented individual with a passion for customer service and hospitality, equaled by their understanding and passion for business and quality in a High Performing Organization. Reporting to the Restaurant Director and Owner/Operator, the Operations Director will be responsible for the overall success and implementation of the Five Critical Success Factors (Vision; Quality; Guest Experience; People; Sales and Brand Growth; Financial Return).
The Operations Director is responsible for leading a high-performance team focused on systematically and effectively communicating restaurant goals and Success Factors to all team members. They will be responsible for smooth and efficient day-to-day operations for all hours of business, implementing policies and procedures to reduce costs, increase productivity and promote sales. They also must place a high priority on maintaining a work environment that ensures and promotes Food Safety. They have oversight of the schedule – ensuring that all Supervisors have ample labor to meet the demands of business, and scale the business during the daypart. They also review monthly costs on the FCR (Fee Calculation Report), creating action plans to improve where needed based on the Operator’s goals.
In addition to managing day-to-day operations, the Operations Director must have the leadership capacity to push their team forward in personal and professional leadership development. They must lead the 9 Mile Team by developing and mentoring Operational Supervisors; assist Operational Supervisors in developing and mentoring their managers; and coaching and supporting members of the front of house and back of house teams. They must also help the Operator and Leadership Team grow our business and impact our community.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Being directly involved in the hiring process by partnering with Talent Acquisition to ensure recruiting goals are being pursued and met, and labor needs are communicated in a timely manner.
• Being directly involved in team member performance issues, leading the discussions which involve suspension and termination.
• Partnering with People Development Director to ensure the success of semi-annual team performance evaluations (every January and July)
• Hold the other departments accountable to Chick-fil-A standards and our Policy Handbook, as well as hold other Directors accountable for action plans they develop in meetings (with a focus on helping department “team development”).
This position is full-time, minimum of 40 hours per week, but must be available to work some overtime based on business need. In addition, the Operations Director will have completed and graduated to a Level 5 Director or be expected to complete all leadership development materials through Level 5 Director within a pre-determined amount of time.
The eligible applicant must be at least 18 years old, have a 4 year college degree in related field OR work equivalent and minimum of 3 - 5 years in the restaurant industry. They must have the ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English in a high tempo business; be able to lift and manipulate 50 lbs; have a valid and current Class E drivers’ license; and be bondable.
- Habitual attention to detail and not motivated by routine
- Excellent analytic and communication skills
- Capable of working with excellence in an unstructured and entrepreneurial environment
- Execute directions within deadline and take initiative based on the business’ needs
- Executive mindset with leadership qualities
- Team mindset both as part of an executive board, and as leader of a team dedicated to achieving departmental goals and daily responsibilities
- Capable of representing all Chick-fil-A quality and service standards with minimal immediate oversight
- Service oriented with high energy and a friendly demeanor
- Comfortable working and interacting daily with diverse internal and external customers in a professional and cooperative manner
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Enthusiastically and optimistically lead assigned systems
- Uphold Chick-fil-A 9 Mile Road policies, procedures and values
This position comes with the following benefits:
- Sundays off
- Competitive wages
- Benefit package, including healthcare options
- Free meals during shift and discounted meals anytime
- Fun team environment
- Professional growth and development
- Personal growth and development