The First Bank - Universal Banker
The Universal Banker is responsible for providing exceptional customer service while assisting customers with their banking needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Relationship and Business Development:
• Open new accounts, including compiling and preparing new account paperwork and applications.
• Identify the unmet needs of current and potential customers and offer appropriate products and services.
• Promote and provide information to customers on new and enhanced products, services, promotions, contests, etc.
• Promote and cross-sell exciting products and services to current and potential customers to include joint calls with other departments.
• Participate in community events to increase bank visibility and develop business opportunities.
• Assist customer inquiries and requests regarding current accounts.
• Identify and inform customers of account status discrepancies and disputes and provide options to resolve.
• Receive and process loan payments, record and issue transaction receipt.
• Receive cash and checks for deposit, verify proper endorsement, confirm deposit slip accuracy, record and issue transaction receipt.
• Process cash withdrawals from savings and checking accounts, verify signatures and account balances, examine all checks, bonds, money orders, and savings withdrawals to determine negotiability, record and issue transaction receipt.
• Answer and assist incoming callers with questions and requests; route callers appropriately.
• Receive incoming bank visitors and assist in directing them appropriately.
• Process basic IRA transactions.
• Follow-up on centralized pending file items.
• Conduct all work in accordance with bank policies and procedures and regulatory standards to ensure safety and soundness.
• Balance and replenish cash in ATM.
• Weekly cash ordering.
• Receive, count, and balance working cash at beginning and end of each shift.
• Sort and distribute work from other offices, process mail and night depository transactions.
• Operate computer, telephone, copier, coin machine and other bank equipment.
Additional Task Statement(s)
- Work overtime, as needed.
- Provide assistance to other departments as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and requested.
- Travel to other locations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and two or more years of banking experience preferred.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
None required. Notary preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle or feel printed documents and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Click here to Apply: Universal Banker (paycomonline.net)