Personal Banker - The First Bank
Personal bankers are responsible for providing exceptional customer service while assisting customers through the account opening process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists customers in their selection of various accounts and banking services that will fit their financial needs.
- Establishes the banking relationship with all customers through providing high quality customer service and building rapport.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all bank products and services to effectively assist customers in the account selection process and explanation of how certain services may work.
- Opens, maintains and closes customer accounts including, checking, savings, money markets, certificates of deposit and IRA’s.
- Provides additional products such as ATM/Debit Cards, ordering checks, Safe Deposit Boxes and online banking accounts.
- Actively looks for sales opportunities and cross-selling bank products and services that will meet new and existing customer’s needs.
- Making referrals as appropriate to other areas within the bank, such as mortgage, commercial loans, cash management services and merchant services.
- Accepts consumer loan applications and prepares loan closing packages.
- Assists customers in accessing safety deposit boxes.
- Completes outgoing wire requests.
- Assists with ATM/Debit Card and ACH transaction disputes.
- Inputs stop payment requests.
- Sets up AFT/Sweep transactions between customer accounts.
- Assists customers with resolving problems or issues that may arise.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all customer information.
- Represents the Bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers and co-workers.
- Performs as a team member in allocating and coordinating the work flow.
- Contributes to the fulfillment of branch and company objectives and goals.
- Complies with all company policies, procedures and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees.
- Mathematical skills.
- Strong communication & organizational skills.
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy.
- Competence with computers, telephone, 10-key calculator and other office machinery.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed.
- The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
- The position requires a perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to Bank needs, customer and employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Familiar with retail banking regulations and personal banker roles and responsibilities relating to each.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and two or more years of banking experience preferred
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle or feel printed documents and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Click to Appy: Personal Banker (paycomonline.net)